Windows KB5019959 is impacting the Cognitive 4inch printer in a couple of significant ways causing different behaviors:
- Changing USB002 port.
- Deleting one of the printers entirely (4inch or the 4inch2).
The solution depends on which behavior is being exhibited by the handheld.
- Navigate to Control Panel / Hardware & Sound / Devices and Printers, right click on the printer and select Printer Properties / Cognitive Advantage 4inch (or 4inch2).
- Select the Ports tab.
- Scroll to the USB002 port and select by checking the box on the left.
- Choose Apply and let windows process then choose OK.
- Restart to finalize changes.
- Open File Explorer.
- Navigate to C:\CognitivePrintDrivers.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Prnnst.exe, select Yes on the prompt.
- Select Next in the small window then in the right column select Cognitive Advantage 4 inch.
- In the smaller window that appears select Add new printer.
- If the 4inch2 printer is needed in the Printer Name field add a 2 next to inch without a space and select USB002 from the left side menu labeled ports.
- Select Finish and restart to finalize.